Oh my goodness. It has almost been a month since I posted. So here I go….
First of all there is NO BABY YET!!! Yes, I am due tomorrow (Oct. 17th) however I am feeling actually pretty good except for not sleeping well at night. I am praying that he does not decide to enter this crazy world until at least sometime tonight and maybe even tomorrow….And here is why.
Many months ago I had asked Mikie to remove the wall between our kitchen and our temporarily living room area. My reasoning was that it would give us some more living space for the time being and that wall is coming out anyway in the end. He told me that that wall “USED” to be a supporting wall before we put the new trusses on and the ceiling would collapse. Also he stated that it was a plaster wall and it would be a huge mess taking it out. So as usual I did not let it go and I kept making several comments since then about it could be done if he wanted to do it but it was not his idea so it was not getting done.
Well, our furniture is hand-me downs from Marcia and Bob and they are just worn out. Once again for awhile now I have been telling him that we need either reupholster our furniture or purchase some cheap furniture to get us by until the new living area is completed. About three weeks ago he decided we needed to start looking for new furniture. YEAH!!! So our hunt began and we were looking for two couches. Yes, two couches because no one likes to lay on the love seat and love seats are usually only about 20 -30 dollars cheaper than the actual couch. So why not spend the little extra money and save the arguments about who gets to lie on the love seat/couch! Well, we finally found a couch that was cheap and that we both liked somewhat however it was too long for the area that we are currently using. So, that is when he came up with the idea to knock out the wall. The idea was still okay with me however not ONE WEEK before our baby was due to arrive. So last Friday he took the day off and out came the wall and the ceiling did not collapse. Thank the good lord. Bless his heart he has been working very hard and late on this project every night since last Friday and Mad is really missing him. We are temporarily living at my parent’s house which Mad loves. He thinks that we are having a slumber party!! Mikie also decided to replace the nasty carpet that we had with some carpet to get us through until the front section is completed. So today is the magical day that the carpet is being installed and hopefully this pm we will be able to move our items back into the house. I am sure that my parents want us out!!! I bet that they are missing their peace and quiet!! Lol
So, after tonight I am ready for this baby to arrive….I think. I am very worried about my Mad man. He is so scared that I am leaving him. The past couple of weeks he keeps telling me not to leave him…I NEVER leave him. He awoke twice last night telling me not to leave him. He may be two but I honestly think that he knows that the baby will be here soon and things are going to be different. We have tried to include him in everything that we have done for the baby and I “think” that he is excited. I realize that he is not the first little boy to get a sibling however I am worried for him and the changes to come. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it…maybe I am just hormonal!!
I am a upset with the new “temporarily” policy that Carle Hospital has put in affect. Since H1N1 they are only allowing certain people in the L/D wing and ALSO in Post Partum. In the L/D I am not allowed to have any visitors and in the post partum wing I can only have 3 visitors at a time from 2 – 7pm each day and each visitor has to go through a health check before entering. I know that this is probably for the best of both my child and me however Maddix is not allowed on the L/D or the post partum floor!! No one under the age of 18 is allowed on either floor unless they are part of the delivery support team. Are they going to allow my two year child to be part of my support team? I doubt it but I am going to try. It is not like he will not be with me or the baby a day or so later and I would completely understand IF he was sick. I am very adamant that he gets to be one of the first people to meet his brother and with this new rule it is making things difficult. So, I guess that we will see what happens.
Once the baby has arrived I will post information about the delivery and I PROMISE to do better at updating with info and pictures.
So please keep checking my blog.
Have a great weekend everyone!!
Friday, October 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment